Saturday, September 6, 2008

Do 5% Good

I was surprised to see this ad on  I am not making this up.  This is a for real, genuine Target ad.

So, basically, every time you shop at Target, 95% of your money leaves your community.  Gee thanks.  I'd like to think that if you shop at a local business, ideally, 100% of your money stays in your local community.  Maybe Target means to say they are donating 5% of their gross receivables to local charities... but that is not what the ad states.  I'd take it at face value.  While this is not a political blog and my academic background is not in economics...  you can probably guess what I think of this.  And the irony of the headline, "Do 5% Good," well, what's the other 95% doing every time you shop at Target?  I thought I'd screen capture this ad and post it before someone at Target wakes up and has it taken down.  

No comments: