Thursday, July 31, 2008

Notes from GALA 2008: The Slash Chorus Chickenz

I don't know what it is. There's just something envigorating about performing with a bunch of chickens.  Here I find myself backstage at Ziff Ballet Opera House on the rehearsal stage.  The chickens and the Slash Chorus, LGCSF, the Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco, are running through some moves before going onstage before a house of 2,454 seats.  From the stage, Artistic Director Stephanie Lynne Smith offers the costumes to any takers after the show. Before they even get to the lobby they are all taken.  Except one, which the Chorus will keep for their records, as a maquette, in case they revive June Bonacich's musical Group Therapy. 












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of a chicken sweating?! You have no idea how hot it gets in those costumes! Talk about roast chicken. At least I got to show off my legs. But now the chorus got rid of the costumes - what am I going to do with orange tights?!